Sunday, 16 July 2017

Sketchy Sunday no. 164

Another week and another sketch. This is one of my 'found' sketches previously published by Docrafts and shows my love of paper ribbon cuts. So, here we have it, sketch no. 164.


This week I've indulged in a spot of practical crafting. I'm always on the hunt for storage ideas, from the little stuff to the big stuff, it's an ongoing quest. This project takes care of those pesky pins. I'm constantly searching my craft tote for a spare pin for the clogged glue bottle or to start off a hole for a brad on a project.......yep, I still use them! So, I came up with a needle case to corral those needles, pins and the fancy stick pins that I've developed a bit of an obsession with. 


I've used a ribbon tie for this closure and I made a previous version with a magnet closure. I just fancied using the pretty ribbon this time around. 


This is so easy to make, but if you prefer to follow instructions you can find them here. The second storage project was this altered jar. This is perfect for my growing collection of twine, obviously there will be more jars, but for now this is the one and only.


I covered the lid using Trimcraft's Deco Mache Navy Floral paper and gloss adhesive/varnish, their version of Gloss Mod Podge. Once it was dry, I punched five holes in the jar lid and glued a medium sized peg to the lid, being careful not to cover the holes. Lastly, I popped in the twine, threaded the ends through the holes and clipped them in the peg......finally, clean and knot free twine. 


That's my latest projects, more to follow next week. 

Happy Scrapping

Movies watched this week:

Spiderman Homecoming - my favourite of all the Spiderman movies, great fun - Pick of the Week
Assassins Creed - Fassbender stars in this confused and disappointing game inspired flick.
Collateral Beauty - Touching drama starring Will Smith 








No comments:

Post a Comment