Monday, 10 July 2017

Sketchy Sunday no. 163

Another sketchy blast from the past, that I stumbled across in my recent file clear up. This is one of a series of sketches I created for Docrafts many moons ago, but didn't get around to posting here. So, it's about time I did and here we have it sketch no. 163.



This week I've been creating some projects with the new Dovecraft Baby Steps paper packs, that were included in my last design team package. I love the yellow and grey colour combo and have found it really easy to work with, it even inspired me to create a couple of cards.


I'm still a beginner when it comes to card making and I favour the simple designs, as shown here. 


Next I went for a shadow box, showcasing a picture of the gorgeous Larissa. I'll definitely be making more of these. I can't wait for the Christmas ranges as I'd love to do a festive version. 


For these final projects I wanted to show the paper line doesn't have to be used for baby creations. This Party in a Matchbox is a cute and quick gift idea and is great for me as I have a definite matchbox addiction. It also meant I could crack out the glitter and who doesn't love to splash that around.


And of course there had to be a mini book in the mix and this one really is mini at 7.5cm x 7.5cm. It still has loads of room for tags with it's little pocket pages, perfect for those passport sized pics. 


There's a total of four pocket pages and I used the hidden hinge binding system with a chipboard cover. 


The embellishments are all part of the same Baby Steps design line. The owls were cut from one of the papers in the pack. 


If you'd like to make your own version you can find my instructions here on The Craft Blog gallery. 

Happy Scrapping

Movies watched this week:-

Patriots Day - the true story of the Boston marathon bombing - Pick of the week
Aftermath - Arnold Schwarzeneggar acts (well) in this inspired by a true story drama 
Underworld - vampires vs werewolves entertaining supernatural action
The Space Between Us - teen Sci-fi romance












No comments:

Post a Comment