Saturday, 24 September 2016

Terrifying Titfer

Halloween has become one of our favourite nights of the year. We decorate the living room with webs, spiders, skulls and candles as well as Ray's traditional carved pumpkin. Talking of traditions, we've developed quite a few - Ray makes a pumpkin pie, not with the fresh pumpkin, he uses canned puree from our local Waitrose as recommended by our American friends. We have a spooky style dinner, ghoulash has proved popular and then we settle down for an evening's viewing of horror movies.









So, as the Halloween bits started to appear in the shops I was spookily inspired to create a decor piece to nestle in amongst the webbing. I started off with a top hat cut using the Silhouette 3D Top Hat pattern. I added a simple hat band cut from the First Edition Fallen Leaves paper pad. Next, I cut some bats then covered them in glitter and attached them to acetate strips before attaching the strips to the side of the hat at different levels. I chopped the back off a plastic skull and glued it to a piece of card. A Trimcraft frame covered in silver glitter frames the skull and I filled the frame recess with Dovecraft purple glitter glue which as a bonus hides any gaps where the skull is glued to the card. A simple gravestone shape, feathers, a glittered rubber spider and some skull beads complete the Halloween titfer. The hat looks great balanced on one of my glass lanterns and with a battery operated candle will be part of the Halloween display this year.

Happy Scrapping


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I do love a good Halloween project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann and yes, me too. The spooky stuff is so much fun to create.

      Delete