Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Chains, Charms and Challenges

I enjoy taking part in the odd papercraft challenge, sometimes the resulting projects end up being particular favourites. So, it comes as no surprise that when I spotted the Trimcraft August challenge I decided to give it a go. The theme was texture and I was looking for an excuse to use up some of the collection oddments that were sitting in my favourite shark lunchbox. The starting point was this basic heart aperture box, a bargain £1 at The Works.


I started by removing the hardware and covering the base and lid in Trimcraft Pick 'n' Mix papers. After reattaching the hardware I started building up the decorative elements.



I cut a couple of chipboard hearts and covered them in Deco Mache papers before painting in gold and edging in black.




I always save broken chains and keep an eye out for broken fashion jewellery in the shops, usually it's available for a bargain price and great for this kind of project. I added some of the chains from my bits box, draping and overlapping them to create more texture. The resin flowers, pearls and gems are all Trimcraft elements from different collections. The resin flowers I touched up with gold and black paint, which helped to pull the different elements together.


Lastly, I created a fold out photo strip from black cardstock, attaching a ribbon pull on the front page and paper layers and another textured heart to hide the ends. I added my photos, all converted to black and white for a classic look and so they didn't clash with the box. To finish, I glued the back section of the photo strip to the inside base of the box and there you have it.

Happy Scrapping



8 comments: