Monday, 11 July 2016

Tag a Friend Blog Hop

In a burst of creative camaraderie, a few of us ex-teamies decided to run a tag swap and I was lucky enough to get to swap with the talented Emily Grant.

Now, let's build a little suspense and start with the piece I sent Emily.



I've made no secret of the fact I'm in a stash sorting/busting phase and I stumbled across some very useful products in the process. Obviously I made the most of this discovery and put them to use on my tag for Emily.

I took a kraft tag and gave it a light coat of white acrylic paint and then a lighter coat of Ranger Antiquing Medium - not my usual thing, but I love it. A few Prima flowers (now we're really breaking into my old stash) clustered on the left and a hand-cut chipboard heart covered in Deco Mache paper, painted gold and inked around the edges. 


Next, some of my new metal gears. I added a few black gems to the flower centres and a metal Friends embellishment from a Costco scrapbook kit. Hey Presto! I hope Emily likes it.

This is the gorgeous and oh so funky piece of art Emily sent me. Obviously, she has great skill as an artist. The skull is so intricate in design...it really is a wonder and I'm chuffed to bits with it. 




Here's a closer look at the design. Thanks Emily. Check out some more of her designs on her blog in the Tag-a-long list, if you haven't come from there already.




Check out the rest of the Tag-a-long crafters here. 






Michelle YOU ARE HERE

Happy Scrapping



14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Michelle , love all the details .
    Fab tag from Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoyed this little project and the excuse to use some of my rediscovered stash. My photos don't do the detail of Emily's tag justice, it's gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit and the lovely comment. X

      Delete
  3. Great tags Michelle, love them both. Have a great crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Angela. X

      Delete
  4. Thank you for being my swap partner :) You tag is gorgeous, it's got pride of place in my little crafty corner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily and I am so glad I got your tag, it's such an artistic piece. Ray thought it was so perfect, he assumed the skull was a stamp....I put him straight on that score. You are a true artist. x

      Delete
  5. Terrific tag! I love that gold heart a lot! Wonderful! I see she loves it :) Terrific swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, yes it was a really good swap as our styles are really different....I do so wish I could draw.

      Delete
  6. Both tags are gorgeous! I'd have loved to receive either!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, it's been a fun swap. x

      Delete