Sunday, 10 July 2016

Sketchy Sunday no. 119

Today is one of those rare days when I have no plans...that's right, none! So, I'll be indulging in a House Netflix marathon and some craft indulgence, but first to my weekly commitment.... Sketch no. 119.



Looking back through my sketch file and albums I decided simplicity was the order of the day and this sketch fits the bill. It's suitable for any subject matter and a great go to staple. Add interest with patterned penants or keep it tonal for a subtle scheme to showcase a stand out image. 

The Works near my offices has finally opened, resulting in a lunchtime happy dance when the great day arrived on Friday. I only had a few minutes and some change, but I managed to get a few items....and make mental notes on loads more. 


I was looking for black paint last week, so that was an easy choice at £1 a bottle and they had a wide choice of colours, so if it's a nice quality I'll pick up a few. The metal book corners are something I've looked at on-line and wanted to try on some of my minis. The box is an obvious pick for me.....as it's a box! I'm thinking a fold out mini will fit in there a treat.

That's me for today....paper and glue are calling.

Happy Scrapping

Oops! missed my movies I watched this week post last time, so here's double the viewing:-

Last week...
Spotlight - disturbing true story
Sisters - comedy drama
The 5th Wave - apocalyptic teen drama

This Week...
Triple 9 - corrupt cop thriller
Aliens - great sci-fi sequel
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - The melding of a classic and zombies...what's not to love?
Battleship - fun action sci-fi









2 comments:

  1. Have fun crafting! I was crafting and watching movies the last 2 days. Today will be clean up. Great sketch. I can't wait to see the box all decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days that have no plans. I hope you show us how you used that sketch.

    ReplyDelete