Sunday, 3 July 2016

Sketchy Sunday no. 118

I'm making great progress with my stash sorting and going through my scraps is an ongoing part of that. I've mentioned before about my scraps organisation system: a single expanding file with scraps filed according to design - floral, check, spots and so forth. Once the file is full, if I want to add a fav scrap I take out the least favourite to make room. I now have a file full of my absolute favourite designs which means I actually use them. 

My scrap file was the inspiration for this sketch, I'm always looking at ways to use up those gorgeous snippets and banner cuts are a great way to mix up those patterned pieces. 



I've also been experimenting with the Color Effects app I mentioned in a previous post and here's one of the pics. In the original photo the dragonfly does not immediately stand out as the bush is bright green with red berries, so this is a nice way to pick him out in all his glory. I'm getting a lot quicker at transforming the photos and I can see me using this app a lot in the future. 



Happy Scrapping




14 comments:

  1. Like the sketch Michelle but the colour effects app looks like much more fun! Need to take a look at it at some point. Really like what you've done with your image. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The app is great fun and well worth playing with. Thanks for visiting. x

      Delete
  2. WOW! this a very creative sketch! I love using banners, pennants, etc. so this one goes right to my favorite sketches folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellan, Yes banners and pennants are favs of mine too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. fun sketch and do love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sketch as always but I really love the Dragonfly photo. I am going to give this technique a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it Angela, it's quite therapeutic ...like digital colouring. X

      Delete
  5. I, too, have loads of scraps to use up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can 't throw away those favourites, so these sketches are great for me.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the sketch! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sketch. I wish I would have come here to catch up yesterday. I have 2 sets of photos that would have worked perfectly and I was struggling with what to do with them. But I've already cut my papers now. boo to me.

    ReplyDelete