Friday, 15 July 2016

A Learning Curve

I've  had my Silhouette Cameo 2 for six months now and I love it. I've mainly been using it for cutting titles for my layouts and making vinyl script labels for recycled jars in my kitchen, but I've been wanting to explore the amazing cut files that are available. My first attempt with a purchased cut file was so easy and came out so well I think I may have got a little cocky. It was the top hat shown here and often seen topping the light over my desk on WOYWW posts.

So, with my new found cut file confidence I thought I'd give The Santa's Village house a go....three attempts later and although the box, which I thought was going to be the hard part, came out perfect, the little house looked ok, but just wasn't perfect. I know I'm fussy, but if I put it on my desk it would make me twitch. A slightly off corner, a little crease on the side....no sirree, I can't have that. So, I'm drawing a line under that one, just for now. I'm sure it's beautiful when done by someone with a little more experience and I'll give it another go in a few days....maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, that successful box base makes a lovely gift box, decorated with rosettes, buttons and bling.....so, not a waste of time just a hiccup on my Silhouette journey.





Happy Scrapping





5 comments:

  1. Lovely project Michelle. Did you see Caroline's little houses on the Silhouette UK Blog? They are so super cute. I haven't had a wee try yet myself though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine, I'll check out Caroline's blog and maybe get some tips.

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous box it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, your box is gorgeous! You have such a great eye for colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete