Friday, 24 June 2016

Little Box of Bling

Oh the lure of the unadorned box....I can't resist for long! Today I put the finishing touches to this little number. It started life as a Domino box that I picked up in The Works for the princely sum of 50p.




I covered the box using papers from  Trimcraft's Pick n' Mix 6 x 6 pad. The embellishments are a mix of paper and funky foam flowers with one of my handmade wire and pearl flourishes. The handle is a noticeboard magnet from Tiger, they're just £1 a pack. I removed the magnet before gluing it in place and added a bookplate for the title.




Now filled with mini bottles of glitter, gems and pearls it's a sweet gift for a fellow crafter.

Happy Scrapping



20 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation Michelle. I use embellishments from Tiger too! Good value for money. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Tiger notice board magnets for handles. Their ribbons are great value too. Thanks for visiting. x

      Delete
  2. this is adorable, I often collect boxes, but have not done anything with them. very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you start you'll be hooked and glad you've been collecting.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the flower cluster and your fab handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment, thanks Ginny.

      Delete
  4. Hi this is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Jackie.

      Delete
  5. Really creative and pretty, love the handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use a lot of those crystal style magnets, they work a treat.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful box hun, the link name you've left on UKS doesn't bring you to this post but a completely different website you might want to change it as it were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Finger trouble again...I really must start wearing my glasses. Thanks

      Delete
  7. Wow, Michelle! That looks so awesome! You could sell that! I love love the pattern paper on the top, that crystal knob and the wired pearls. I'm always a sucker for wired pearls. Gorgeous! I hope you have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I've gone very red....what a lovely compliment, thank you. You have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This box is stunning! What a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellan, these are fun little projects to do as they're so quick.

      Delete