Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Mini Me.....50

What can be better than free stash? OK, free cash, free holidays and I'm sure there are a few others, but free stash is up there. I was lucky enough to receive a Pick 'n' Mix paper pad and a variety of embellies from Trimcraft recently and I put it to use straight away.

I was already planning this little 4" x 4" mini when the paper turned up, a definite kismet moment. The 6" x 6" paper pad was the perfect size to minimise waste and not add huge amounts to my scraps folder. I created a shaker box for the front cover, a first for me, but definitely something I'll do again. I used a Lillibet frame as the shaker front and created a shallow box from cardstock for the back, popping in a spoonful of sequins before gluing the box behind the frame....easy peasy. The resin flowers are a mix of Trimcraft 12 Days of Christmas  and A Beautiful Life, bargains I picked up in Poundland and The Works.


50 had to be sparkly, so I covered a couple of grungeboard numbers in silver glitter. A scattering of gems added a little extra bling





On the inside of the front cover, I added a tag pocket. The pages are all pocket pages and hold either a single large tag or a tag with a flap that folds over the page. I made up the book with a hidden hinge style binding and left quarter inch gap between pages to make room for any embellies I add later. The inside back cover has a fold out mini book secured with a ribbon tie, so yet more space for pics. It's turned out a deceptively roomy little book and I love the neatness of the size, so there are bound to be more in the future. 


Happy Scrapping









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful album and I like how much room you have for pics and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mini albums and this one is one of my favorites. Just perfect, and fabulous in every way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete