Thursday, 9 June 2016

Festive fancies

I know it's summer and for a change it's actually warm, but the mojo cannot be ignored and in an effort to continue with my ongoing catch-up with those 'waiting to be scrapped' photos, I had to go with it. The result is a festive layout for my Christmas 2014. I wanted to capture some of our decor pieces as well as hint at the traditions. I've scrapped a couple of these photos tradionally, but this is a nice way to see more of them together as it tells more aspects of the story.


The tree speaks for itself, it's always a 7ft job and the decoration collection grows year by year. We buy at least one new one every year on our wedding anniversary, as we bought some in the US when we got married. They are always hearts and the one pictured was that years purchase. The Christmas stockings line our hall. each tagged and filled with goodies....the kids in the family get a stocking as well as their main gifts, but they're always way more excited about those stockings full of fun stuff. The doors are wrapped with wired ribbon fashioned into a large double bow - it's an easy way to add a little more festive feel.

So, even though it's warm outside I still love thinking back to Christmas....it's a magical time of year.

Happy Scrapping





9 comments:

  1. A fabulous LO and lovely photo's and indeed a wonderful time of the year.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous page I love the photos you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scrapping photos of Christmas too, 2007 though. Love your tree, decor and traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a bit of Christmas crafting.

      Delete
  4. Ooh... I feel all nostalgic for Christmas now... such a lovely layout

    ReplyDelete