Tuesday, 10 May 2016

We all like to be beside the seaside...


It took a number of years to convince my mum and dad to move from their London home, but once the decision was made they really took to it. They've made a new home in a gorgeous seaside town and enjoy a life of beach walks - when they're not building and decorating! It's lovely visiting them and well worth commemorating with an app layout. This visit last year started with meeting for a Harvester unlimited breakfast and then making a valiant effort to walk off the huge amount we'd consumed.....it didn't work! But it was worth it. 



For this layout I used filler cards from the Strawberry Edition set, that were free via the app. 

Now, for a bargain tip: I'm in the middle of making a mini plaque for a decorated matchbox and I was using quite an intricate die, which despite my best efforts just would not cut clean. Then I had a brainwave.....I'd bought some baking parchment for making my favourite banana breakfast cookies and I thought I'd try a piece in my die, with the cardstock on top. It worked an absolute dream. So, for a bargain price of £2.25 I've got 10m of essential Waitrose baking parchment or as I now call it, Die Cut Release Paper. 

Happy Scrapping


May Challenge 6/15




19 comments:

  1. Nice crisp, clean layout with fantastic photos. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, a bright day out always makes those photos easier to get.

      Delete
  2. The pics are beautiful, and the colors of the cards are a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Ellan.

      Delete
  3. Would love the recipe for those banana breakfast cookies! Another post idea, hmmm? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post the recipe soon, they are yummy and make a great brekkie.

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! I think it would be lovely to live near the sea. :-) Great tip about using parchment paper. I may have to look into that.

    Stefani | Dreams of Nyssa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and LOVE the tip! I am new to die cutting these intricate shapes and the table banging pokey took combination release method is driving me nuts! Off to buy Die Cut release baking parchment! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on, my butterfly die which is the one that always drives me mad worked perfect.

      Delete
  6. A lovely project life layout Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scenery! This layout is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout. Interesting that it's an app. Wish I could live by the sea......maybe one day! Hugs, Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi this is a brilliant page I love the layout. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely layout and great pics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout Michelle :) Thanks for the tip as well, will give it a try on a couple of dies that I'm having problems with. Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant page Michelle....Love the layout and the photos...I too moved to the seaside 9 years ago from London....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layout! It would be so awesome to live seaside! I bet you enjoy visiting them very much. Great tip about the parchment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos and thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete