Sunday, 15 May 2016

Sketchy Sunday no.111

I've had a full on day today and so I'm a bit late in posting this week's sketch, but I've managed to catch up and come up with this little number.



A darker background enhances a distressed edge on the larger paper layer and a large journaling tag gives you plenty of space for that all important story. I couldn't resist a couple of flourishes and some paper strips for extra texture. As is obvious by this sketch, I'm a big fan of the parenthesis shape and my nested die set is one of my most used. They make great journaling tags for mini books and layouts as well as interesting edges for layers. If you're in the market for a useful and versatile die set I'd recommend a parenthesis set. 

Now for a completely unscrappy bargain.... I picked up two Blurays today in £land, Woman in Black and Season of the Witch, both fun watchable movies. They had a few other titles including the magnificent The King's Speech, definitely worth a look if you're a movie buff. 

So, that's enough encouraging you to splurge......as if you needed any encouragement.

Happy Scrapping


May Challenge 7/15


Movies I watched this week:

The Survivalist - apocalyptic drama
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apolcalypse - fun zombie silliness
X-Men First Class - Superhero action
Jaws - again! the one and only
Mystery Men - superhero comedy













6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sketch. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sketch, I am just making a card now using a sketch I saved on Pinterest so I do love seeing new ones. The DVD's were a fab bargain by the way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I think I'm going to pop in and get The King's Speech.

      Delete
  3. Great sketch. I have seen the first 3 Xmen, but haven't seen them since. The rest are on my to watch list. Maybe someday. Mystery Men, we own and watch every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the X-Men movies are great fun, I'm off to see the new one soon.

      Delete