Saturday, 21 May 2016

Love Change..


Change is a good thing, but sometimes it can be a little scary. This project was inspired by recent major changes where I work and the realisation that change is not easy for everyone.

For the base I used a Happy Shopper matchbox, I've found these to be the sturdiest. I covered the box and drawer with Trimcraft A Beautiful Life papers, a recent bargain find, and decorated the top with pearls and resin flowers from the same design line. The frame and butterfly charm are a couple of my eBay purchases and I added one of my handmade pearl and wire flourishes with some paper flowers to secure the wire ends. 



For the plaque I cut a piece of chipboard to fit inside the matchbox and covered the front in fine gold glitter. The butterfly was cut using an Xcut butterfly die and some glitter paper. Once adhered to the plaque I gave the whole thing a coat of Gloss Mod Podge, I always use the gloss for glitter projects as it doesn't dampen the sparkle. The words I printed and cut and added to the plaque before giving it a generous coat of Anita's 3d gloss and leaving it to dry on a level surface overnight......do not prod it until the morning. Once dry I covered the back of the plaque in paper and added the year in a glitter font.

To finish, I hand-cut a small easel from die packaging, it's a good firm plastic, but you could cut one from cardstock. The plaque and the easel fit neatly in the box making it a pretty little gift project....unfortunately, I find it difficult to part with these so I'm building up a little collection, but I will try to gift more.

I've already picked up another box from my local newsagent, so it's just a case of what theme for the next one.

Happy Scrapping

May Challenge 9/15

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Michelle, it's gorgeous!! I don't think I could part with it myself. And if you have more they'd be so beautiful displayed. Happiness every time you looked at them.

    I never thought to coat my glitter with glossy glue. I usually leave it. That's a great tip. One I'll be trying out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, the Glossy Mod Podge is brilliant on glitter, seals it perfectly and stays lovely and twinkly. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is stunning it is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Jackie.

      Delete
  4. Eee that's smashing. Who would have thought! I love it. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. They're fun little projects to do. x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous makes. Love the altered matchbox with all the pearls on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, the bargain Trimcraft papers and pearls worked a treat on this one.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Ellan, this one is very twinkly.

      Delete