Saturday, 28 May 2016

AnD so it Begins...

Another day, another mini.....that's right after I spent some time going through my albums I discovered a few of my older minis that hadn't made it onto my blog. This was my first effort at a paper bag album and having rediscovered it I want to make another more girlie one and try out my improved skills.

The theme of this album was the start of Ray's career and the adverts and short films he made. The cover has clues in the embellishments to each of the films in the album, an idea I really like. There's some interesting stories and photos in this mini and having looked through it I know there's some that I need to scrap as layouts to document the full adventure.....filming in Morocco, driving through mountains, meeting a Bedouin in the Sahara and lunching seated on sumptuous silk cushions in a Bedouin tent on the edge of the desert.


I used some American Crafts chipboard pieces topped with mini letter stickers as tag pulls and a ribbon tie acts as a closure. 


The tags have a little journaling about each image on the back and the bag pockets hold large tags with photos and longer stories.



You might recognise Keith Duffy and Steve Pound on these tags, we were lucky enough to have them star in one of Ray's short films called The Gift.... they're great guys. 

There you have it, a little scrappy blast from the past.

Happy Scrapping

May Challenge 12/15




2 comments:

  1. Very cool album. I love your cover design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I picked up some more paper bags last week for another mini.

      Delete