Friday, 27 May 2016

44.....and then some

With my birthday looming I was taking a look at some of my old albums and stumbled across this little mini album, which I don't think I've shared here before. I make quite a few minis and this one is a chipboard album made to hold the photos from my 44th birthday. I went for some heavy glittering including the edges of the large flower which was from a Costco scrapbook kit.


As to the book cover, nothing has changed with me and bling, I loved it then and love it now....when in doubt BLING IT! It's a motto I live by or at least scrap by.


You might notice the little pearls on the edge of each page, this stops the pages rubbing together too much and damaging the photos. 

This year they'll definitely be another mini and as it's the big 50 I plan to do a year long project using the Project Life app to create pages for each week. My half century seems a good time to do another yearly project.

Now, Ray has just popped a cuppa down beside me, so time to settle back for a bit of telly watching.

Happy Scrapping

May Challenge 11/15


9 comments:

  1. Adorable book and great menory of a birthday ...long gone ...;) Seriously hope your big birthday is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you came across your lovely mini! It's so pretty! I always love a little bling as well :) Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you came across your lovely mini! It's so pretty! I always love a little bling as well :) Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is the big 5-0? You rock mini album covers! They're amazing! (I'm working backwards in your posting.) Great tip to use the pearls as stops for all those pretty pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big 5-0 is 4th June, a fun couple of weeks planned and lots of naughty treats, as is right for a woman of my advancing years. Thanks for all the lovely comments and glad you like the minis.

      Delete
  5. Love the mini album and thanks for the tip with the pearls as page stops.

    ReplyDelete