Sunday, 3 April 2016

Sketchy Sunday no.105

The sun is shining and I'm soon to meet my new nephew......at long last.....we've had colds for a couple of weeks and finally we're sniffle free and fit to meet the new arrival. My lovely lil' bruv has been keeping me in the loop with photos, so at least I know what the little one looks like, but I'm champing at the bit to meet him.

Now, what with all the lovely baby pics that are sure to follow I'll be needing more sketches....smooth segue, don't you think?........and so here we have no.105.


As my scrapping is moving into a more story based format I wanted to create a sketch with room for a longer narrative. Of course, you could fill that journaling space with paint effects and just have a big title, so it still works even if you prefer to just have a date and brief comment. As always, sketches are just a jumping off point and the final layout may hardly resemble the original sketch at all....mine often don't.


So, that's it from me for today. Just let me mention the new show on Amazon Prime, Fear the Walking Dead, it's great and if you're a Walking Dead fan, a must see. Have a lovely Sunday and make time to do something just for you. 

Happy Scrapping.


movies watched this week:

Pay the Ghost - Nicholas Cage ghost story
He Never Died - supernatural thriller
Unlikely Hero - quirky comedy drama
Murder Most Foul - starring the wonderful Margaret Rutherford, it's a classic.


6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this sketch!
    And your boxes (domino, party sticks) are out of this world. Absolutely gorgeous.
    (BTW: we are also X-Files fans! My daughter even has a website she runs about them. Season's 10 cliffhanger has us anxiously hoping for more)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellan, what a lovely comment. The Xfiles cliffhanger was an Nooooooo moment,I do hope they come back with another series.

      Delete
  2. Awesome sketch, i love the idea of having a layout with a ton of journaling. I am excited for you to meet your new nephew. Enjoy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new nephew. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout with more room for script, sometimes I don't write enough down x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch for a page that needs the story told. This is a great way to remind me to get the story into the design.

    ReplyDelete