Thursday, 21 April 2016

Owls that!

I was taking a look through my blog photos and realised this little mini book had slipped through the net! I made this book from a pack of 6 x 6 cards, so it's very sturdy and has plenty of pockets.I'm not really a card maker, but I received cards regularly in my DT kit while designing for Docrafts, so mini books are a great way to use them.


The pages are really simple to make and I used an invisible hinge binding, attached to a chipboard spine and covers.

As the cards made the pages quite heavy on the spine I punched through the centre with by Big Bite and wove ribbon through and over the edges of the covers - those pages are going nowhere!



I really like the woven ribbon as not only does it strengthen the binding it also gives somewhere to hang charms too. The pockets are filled with mini envelopes and tags from the same design line. I embellished the cover with owls and lots of gems, charms, buttons and bling. 

I still have some card packs to use up and will definitely be looking to make some more of these. 

Happy Scrapping.

April Challenge 13/21

8 comments:

  1. Great color scheme and owls rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine and yes owls do rock.

      Delete
  2. this is really cute and a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a brilliant way to use card blanks it is just stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally cute and very creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, love that range! Ax

    ReplyDelete