Saturday, 2 April 2016

Birthday Boy

I don't know about you, but I find layouts the most difficult things to photograph, it doesn't help that there isn't really great light in my apartment..... I really must sort out some better lighting for shooting. As we've finally had some decent weather I was able to photograph my latest layout outside, this always makes it easier.

This clean and simple page, the subject of my lovely dad's birthday, uses floral papers balanced with a dark brown background. I'm not worried about using flowers for masculine subject matter and I'm sure Dad won't mind either. Recently I've been trying to use up some of my stack of coloured cardstock. I find it easy to use blue, green or red, but other colours can be a little challenging. Not that I have a huge amount, I'm not really a stash collector, but I do like to get a fairly quick turnaround on what I have...there's just too much lovely stuff out there......hence the layered brown and yellow background which gives the added bonus of a little weight to the page, making it easier to place in an album.

The layered title was cut on my Silhouette Cameo. Cutting welded words is so simple to do, it's literally a couple of clicks and makes creating a unique title that much easier. The script font I used for "Birthday" is called bromello and for "DAD's" I used Accord Light SF.

I used sketch no.73 as a starting point and stuck fairly close, I just didn't use as many embellishments and moved my journaling.




I'm definitely getting back to scrapping regularly, although I'm popping to the shop to pick up some matchboxes in a few minutes for a spot of altering...

Happy Scrapping.










9 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning layout. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Lo.. I really must learn how to use my Cameo more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chidkid. I'm already sold on the Cameo, I just need to try cutting vinyl next.

      Delete
  3. great page, do like how you have layered it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trace, gotta use up that cardstock.

      Delete
  4. Sweet and beautiful page. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page - loving the colours and the layers!

    ReplyDelete