Monday, 28 March 2016

Nailed it!

As I mentioned yesterday I've had a little crafty time this weekend and one of the projects I managed to get done was the bargain Pick-up-Sticks box. I used some of my DCWV Garden Party scraps to decorate the box, I've almost completely used up this lovely stack. A few paper and foam flowers decorate the top, along with a little bling and a label holder with some Tim Holtz mini alpha stickers. I also used one of my handmade bead flourishes. Finally I added one of my favourite crystal magnets from Tiger as a handle. At £1 a packet they're a really good option and I just remove the little magnet with a pair of pliers and adhere using a strong glue like Anita's Clear Gloss Finish.

DCWV Garden Party Stack

The perfect size for a basic manicure kit.

I filled the box with a basic manicure kit, including clippers, emery boards, toe separators, nail crystals and micro beads.It's amazing what you can fit in these boxes, they make sweet little gifts for a couple of pounds, the box was only 50p and the embellishments were from my oddment box. 

Happy Scrapping. 

9 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely idea, so pretty - and you will know where everything is .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I do love these little boxes.

      Delete
  2. A bargain price & now it decorated its lovely & would be would more now if you had to buy it like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, what a lovely thing to say.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful idea and it turned out wonderfully. Them embellishments on here are really fine especially the crystal knob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use loads of the crystal magnets as handles and of course as magnets.

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea and it turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete