Tuesday, 8 March 2016

99 with a golden flake


I mentioned I was using sketch no.99 recently....well, when I say recently I mean 2 weeks+ ago..... and I've finally put the finishing touches to it and by finishing touches I mean the title.

I've stuck fairly close to the original sketch, just splitting the title and shaping the text a little more. The title is cut from gold mirror card and black card using my Silhouette Cameo 2.The mirror card cut beautifully using the 'coverstock' setting, I just had to be a bit careful when removing it from the cutting mat to avoid creases. 


I used Papermania Capsule geometric-mono papers which have foiled sections on some of the designs. some more subtle than others. I used the font 'Brown Bag' which is available on Dafont, it's a great site for free fonts and they are constantly updating their catalogue.

So, that's my effort which is now nestled safely in an album. Now off for a tasty spot of dinner courtesy of Ray's culinary skills.

Happy Scrapping.



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page - I have enjoyed making pages so much more now I have a machine to help a bit. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue and I'm already loving the machine.

      Delete
  2. I love how the papers and elements go so well with the picture. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, it's a versatile paper pack and they're bringing out other colour schemes in the line.

      Delete
  3. Ooh lovely page and title....steps away quickly muttering 'I dont need a new machine'!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jane you definitely need one of these beauties and I haven't started with the vinyl yet.

      Delete
  4. It turned out great for your first time! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete