Friday, 15 January 2016

Titfer Tat!

After my hat project using the Silhouette Cameo I felt inspired to try making a smaller version, but for some bizarre reason I had the urge to use a paper cup, weird I know. So, I snipped the lower edge of a paper cup, cut a circle for a hat brim, cutting out another circle in the centre slightly larger than the cup base. I slipped the cup base in the brim piece and bent the snipped flaps backwards, gluing them in place to secure the pieces together.

That gave me the basic shaped piece which I covered in Geometric deco sheets rolling the brim up at the sides to create that top hat shape. Lastly I added some feathers, ribbon and a hat band with a suitable sentiment tag to finish.

My plan now is to create a more refined pattern for a little hat on my Silhouette, but I quite like the hobo nature of this one.




Happy Scrapping.

20 comments:

  1. what a stunning piece of work, very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Alizabethy.

      Delete
  2. Love this Michelle, I saw some like this at a steampunk stall at comic con. Will have to try this myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you come up with, I've got plans for themed large and small versions. I must try a steampunk version, just waiting for the right embellishments to come along.

      Delete
  3. hi Michelle ... just loving your little titfer ... what a brilliant idea ... well done ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sandy and for the lovely comment.x

      Delete
  4. These hats are fantastic,great design and decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous , lovely colours and embellishments .. i love it
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is stunning I love what you have created. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. And judging by your picture you're an oficianado. x

      Delete
  8. love it, it looks great. love the paper cup idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and love the name silvercustard.

      Delete