Monday, 9 November 2015

Snap, Jingle and box!

December is on the horizon and I fancied a change from my usual Christmas mini album and with my penchant for decorated boxes it was always going to go this way at some point. So, here it is my Christmas 2015 photo project box.


I've used Papermania's Folk Christmas to cover a medium nested box from the Papermania Bare Basics range. I then made 25 mini envelopes to which I added a black die cut shape and Anita's Glitterations numbers, labelling them 1 - 25. I decorated the lid with buttons, bells, gems, charms, glittered wooden numbers, hearts and a Gorjuss book plate, all on top of a red label die-cut. Lastly I added wooden beads to the base of the box as feet.



I cut a photo mat for each envelope and my plan is to take a photo a day in December to add to the mats. It's a pretty Christmas project and as a bonus the box will look great on a shelf for the festive season. 

The lovely thing about this project is you use any size box and just adjust your envelope sizes to fit. You could just as easily make this as an advent calendar with the addition of your favourite wafer thin mint or for the dieters among us a sweet Christmas quote on each tag. 

Go on....get your festive on!

Happy Scrapping






10 comments:

  1. That box is just wonderful! Love that you are getting a good start on the holidays...need to get Thanksgiving projects out of the way first for me :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Margie and looking forward to seeing your Thanksgiving projects.

      Delete
  2. That looks wonderful. I never do much but have decided to have a go at an album with a page for each day of December - Will probably still be doing it in Feb though !! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you come up with Sue. I love Christmas so this is me in my element and yes I'm always playing catch up too!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful and what a great project idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it is a fun one and oh so simple.

      Delete
  4. This is a great idea and I love how you created it! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's fabulous - what a brilliant idea, I haven't got the right one this last couple of years and am looking for inspiration - so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, I think I'll be making some more of these just as themed box albums for other special occassions as they do look nice out on display.

      Delete