Thursday, 19 November 2015

Matchbox Madness goes large

As part of my Docrafts PDT kit I was lucky enough to receive some of their new Bare Basics large matchboxes. These sturdy little beauties, priced at £2.50 for three, came just when I was in the grip of matchbox madness....which, let's face it, seems to be most of the time lately. Anyway, I decided to see if I could make a larger version of my altered matchboxes using the same techniques, including creating an art plaque to fit inside with an easel.




I'm really pleased with how it came out. I used papers from the Wellington Christmas paper pack to cover the matchbox and a plethora of shiny, jingly and varied embellishments to adorn the top and sides. I topped it all off with a couple of tags and used some wooden beads as feet. Next for the plaque. I cut a piece of mount board to size and covered it in gold glitter. I cut a few triangles of paper from the Wellington paper pack and glued them to the plaque in a naive Christmas tree shape with a little trunk piece. Loads of small adhesive gems as ornaments give it an even more festive touch. I added my printed word pieces and smothered the whole thing in an even layer of 3d gloss. After drying overnight....I've learned to just leave it to dry and not poke it the same evening.....I covered the back in a Wellington tag. Lastly, I cut a small easel from the packaging of one of my embossing folders - it's the perfect thickness of plastic for these.




Next on my shopping list will be the medium sized boxes which come in a pack of four, perfect for a mini chest I'm thinking. 

If you've been gripped by matchbox fever do post a link and go have a little lie down in a dark room.

Happy Scrapping.

17 comments:

  1. I love your matchbox , anything small and Christmasy gets my vote every time.
    Off to p[lay with my medium matchboxes now that you have inspired me.....Mags xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your makes Mags. x

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for Christmas sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely Christmas sparkle.
    I love boxes and matchboxes (real ones) are a fave of mine for advent calendars...I'm now quite used to the strange looks from the sales assistants as multiples go through the checkout. Strangely enough I've never been challenged as to why I'm buying so many matches.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get asked when I last bought 20 for my matchbox dressers, but the sales assistant was just more confused when I tried to explain. x

      Delete
  4. what a fun project and great way to use a matchbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects Michelle....love the details and sparkle....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects Michelle....love the details and sparkle....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project, love the sparkly effect x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi they are both gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects. Love the tree. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects. Love the tree. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete