Saturday, 28 November 2015

Joy To The World

It's no secret I love all things festive and, luckily for me, Ray is exactly the same. We're in prep mode at the moment, first task on the list was to stock the advents, yes there's more than one and this year we have a mix of After Eight Mints, a mint chocolate selection and Liquorice Allsorts...a nice little mix as far as I'm concerned. This will be closely followed by tree day, which is serious business as it has to be the biggest and best we can shoehorn into our apartment - and that's just the beginning!

Along with home preparations you may have noticed my photo box project, I've also put together a mini book ready for all those extra festive pics that don't make it onto a layout....... there's always loads of those. 

Embellishment clusters flow towards the tree decoration centre

A half parenthesis die-cut makes a shaped tag pocket

Self adhesive glitter paper makes a sparkly die-cut snowflake

A die-cut pocket holds more die-cut tags in place

Another die-cut tag makes a cute co-ordinating pocket

I went for a tried and tested pocket page mini with lots of tags and plenty of room for embellishments. The flaps are actually large tags that pull out from the top loading pockets.I based the album cover on my sketch 55. The Joy To The World tree decoration was a sale purchase last year and I always meant for it to be an album cover piece. I'm very into the embellishment clusters at the mo' and always come back to add a few extras at a later date, but this one might be done for the front....although the spine is fair game. 

Happy Scrapping. 

13 comments:

  1. Super, Super Cute mini! I love the pockets and all the tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, believe me I need those pockets as there's always tons of pics.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Lisa, now I've just got to fill it with Christmas pics......the really fun bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mini book - so much to see on every page. Love it.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a lovely comment Toni. x

      Delete
  4. This album is beautiful and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ,this is gorgeous Michelle. Loving the front cover and the inside is just as gorgeous. Christmas is my favorite time of year, I must admit I go a bit overboard with the dec's and trees (one in every room,including the bathroom!) xx Mags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such thing as overboard this time of year Mags. x

      Delete
  6. Hello Michelle, What a beautiful album. Love the theme, great colours and indeed lots of detail.

    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like lots of fun, at your house at Christmas, a fabulous album, you have put together here Michelle, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril, we do have festive fun it has to be said. x

      Delete