Thursday, 12 November 2015

Crafting with sole!

Wednesday was an odd day, let me explain....I had a pain in my foot for ages, it got really bad just as I was diagnosed with cancer Christmas 2013 and call me daft, but I thought let's get the cancer sorted first and then worry about the foot. Now, cancer kicked into touch the foot thing started to nag at me again, but as time had gone on the pain had subsided somewhat and flatties and boots were getting worn more often than my favourite heels, which probably helped. Anyway, off to the docs and an x-ray duly organised. I phoned the docs to check the results as I received another appointment for a scan. I was told the X-ray was clear and it was just a make sure kind of thing. So off to the scan where the doc asked me what my GP had said, he looked confused when I said the x-ray was clear and said "yes, it's clear, clear what's wrong with Ĺ·our foot! There's a half a sewing needle in it!" . He then showed me this, pretty obvious sewing needle and I know exactly when it happened, some 20 years ago!


The needle actually went into my heel and I thought it was just a half needle I'd trodden on, but it turns out the reason I only found half a needle was the other half had broken off in my heel - no wonder it hurt for ages! Anyway, it has worked its way around my foot, hence the wandering strange pains. So, now I'm waiting for the operation to have it removed and then I will be tottering around in my fave heels on a more regular basis.

Now, for those of you interested in my crafty news, rather than tales of my foot issues, here's a few of my recentish Docrafts makes using the Santoro Gorjuss collections.


This first project is a decorated Bare Basics bag to which I added a small pocket and popped in a tag mini book made from 6x6 cards from the same collection.


The brief for the cards was to keep the designs simple, but I don't think they're any less effective for that.



Have a happy scrappy day and a big thank you for taking the time to visit. 

Michelle 


11 comments:

  1. OMG Michelle!! You poor thing - hope you get rid of it soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a surprise, but I'm just glad it's something easily sorted. Thanks Sue x

      Delete
  2. How awful, it must have been very painful. Needles can be nasty little devils. I had a friend whose dog kept snapping at her and when the vet examined him they found he had a needle stuck in his leg. She was very careful were she put them after that. I still do quite a bit of sewing and count out every pin I use so that I know they are all back at the end. You cannot be too careful as I am sure you now know. Take care and hope everything goes well with the op to remove it. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, it's not really painful very often it just feels a little weird. x

      Delete
  3. such an odd story of your foot. Hopefully the surgery and recovery wont be too painful. I just adore the gorjuss line, have several items laying around but i find them so pretty i don't dare to use them, petty right. butterfliecrafter#8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Gorjuss collections are lovely and still available so make sure you use them loads.x

      Delete
  4. I love the cards. What an awful thing to have had the needle in your foot for twenty years - wow! Glad you kicked cancer. Good luck with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, it's all a bit odd rather than awful, but not something I'd recommend, on the plus side It's an interesting story. x

      Delete
  5. The cards are adorable! Wow - 20 years to find a half a needle. What an interesting place to find it! :-) April #51

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, thanks and yes interesting is definitely the word.

      Delete
  6. OMG, that's almost unbelievable! And can I just say, that's a cool image of your foot - you should totally use it in a project!

    ReplyDelete