Saturday, 31 October 2015

Monster Mail Docrafts PDT blog hop

Welcome to our ghoulish get together and the latest Docrafts Project Design Team blog hop. Our challenge this time was to create a Halloween or Fall themed project. Now, I'll admit this project may not have been my most elaborate and time consuming, but I have a definite fondness for my spooky little treat box and the fact that it's stuffed full of sweets doesn't hurt.




I created a 'mummy' panel by roughly inking a sheet of grey cardstock them chopping it into strips and inking the edges. I punched two small circles and glued them to a background piece of black cardstock for eyes. I added strips of the grey cardstock to the black panel, overlapping the edges and framing the eyes. Once I'd covered enough of the black background I dragged a black ink pad lightly over the grey strips to highlight the edges, then die cut and added two gems for pupils.

I made a small treat box and adhered the die cut to the top. A strip of patterned paper from the Forever Friends Decadence paper pack, dome gems for feet and a couple of plastic spiders and it was finished. Filled full of sweets it's a quick Halloween treat.

Now, why not see what the rest of the team have been up to, but watch out for ghouls,beasties and all things that go bump in the night.


Heather
Mags
Julie
Emily
Katie
Sarah



Happy Halloween




14 comments:

  1. Brilliant,such a cool idea Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great treat box and I love the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a screenshot from the Zombify Me app, great fun for 69p.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Love how you've made the mummy bandages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool make, I like how you've photographed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, the mini studio does make it easier to get a pic.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant project....great make...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic creation. It looks like you had fun. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie and yes we had a great fun Halloween.

      Delete