Saturday, 19 September 2015

Matchbox Madness continues......

Those of you who have visited before (big thank you) will know I’ve had a recent obsession with matchboxes. So when I received my new Docrafts kit I couldn’t resist putting together a festive little number using the new Pocket Full of Posies range.

The charm pack is what swung it, with all those pretty frames, gems, buttons and charms they were perfect for my heavily embellished mini box art. I added a few Jingle Bells from the Papermania Create Christmas range to fill in the gaps and bring a festive note when you pick up the box.





I covered the matchbox drawer and case in patterned paper. Added my embellishments using Anita’s 3d gloss finish, this stuff is great for the heavier elements and left to dry. The plaque is a little piece of blue mountboard which coated in blue glitter glue sparkles beautifully. A white glitter paper die-cut snowflake overlaps the edge. I filed off the rest of the snowflake with an emery board in a downward motion, to give a really smooth neat edge. The mountboard edge I coloured with a blue permanent marker. After adding my printed text pieces I coated the front with 3d gloss finish and left to dry overnight, don’t be tempted to prod it earlier. Once dry I covered the back in co-ordinating patterned paper and slipped it into the box along with a small easel cut from plastic packaging. Lastly I glued a crystal bead on each corner of the bottom of the box as feet and there you have it, as pretty from the back as it is from the front.





Happy Scrapping


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and glad you liked the project.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, so many shiney and sparkly things :) Debs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with a bit of bling.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous project , love the bling

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, I'm a big believer of when in doubt add bling. x

      Delete
  4. These are adorable, Michelle! I'm not sure I could work with such small sizes! Perhaps only if I wore my reading glasses. Thanks for visiting earlier! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I have to wear the glasses for these ones, but it's worth it and I love visiting your blog it's full of inspiration. x

      Delete