Sunday, 9 August 2015

Sketchy Sunday no.72

OK, I admit that stars are a go to shape for me...this is not news to regular visitors.....I just think they're a great staple for girlie or masculine pages and virtually any subject matter. When in doubt slap a star on it, that's my mantra. 

So, it comes as no surprise that this sketch has a fair number of stars, teamed with some circles for an embellishment heavy vertical border. Use a variety of patterns and textures to really make it sing and take a simple design up a level. 



Obviously, if you're not a star fiend like myself, use your favourite shape, hearts, flowers or clocks........talking of clocks....


If you love clock embellishments you'll love this bargain that I picked up at The Works. Just £1 gets you a pack of wooden clocks, great for those embellishment clusters that I love so much. 



That's it from me for today, my matchbox project is calling, so far be it for me to resist. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Happy Scrapping. 





8 comments:

  1. hi michelle ... love your sketch and love the little clocks ... must have a lookie when I am next in the works ... thank you so much for visiting my blog ... sorry I am a bit late in returning the visit ...hope you have had a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, thanks for visiting and hope you manage to pick up the clocks. x

      Delete
  2. I love your star sentiment, I feel the same way about my adhesive gems, they go on all my cards. Like \sandy will keep a look out for the clocks in the Works. _ Debs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debs, I'm a big fan of all things bling too. Thanks for popping by. x

      Delete
  3. Fabulous sketch, I am going to give this one a go with the stars as it's not a shape I use often (no reason). Fantastic little clocks as well - what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, if you do create a layout do post a link as I'd love to see it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Michelle, another great sketch, love the stars too. Those little clocks are great. I often use the works and their glue is quite good too and lots cheaper than some other companies.
    Many thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I haven't tried their glue so thanks for the tip. x

      Delete