Monday, 31 August 2015

Matchbox Madness

Welcome my fellow mini art aficionados to the Matchbox Madness DoCrafts Project Design Team blog hop.....and breathe. The gauntlet was thrown down and the challenge was to create a mini work of art that fits in a matchbox. This was right up my street, what with my recent matchbox forays here and here.and plenty of empty matchboxes clogging up my crafty space.

So, for my effort I made this romantic little number.






Firstly I covered my empty matchbox, I used the paper from the new Forever Friends Classic Decadence paper pack to cover the matchbox and drawer. I then added some of my home made bead flourishes, flowers, heart charms, beads, stickers and pearls. Lastly I printed 'Love' on a piece of card and trimmed to fit, before gluing in place.

Now for my art work, I took a small piece of mount-board cut to fit the matchbox drawer, spritzed it with violet spritzing ink and then edged it in fuchsia glitter glue. I cut a heart shape, spritzed it with gold spritzing ink and once both elements were dry, glued the heart to the left side of the plaque, trimming off the overlapping edge. A few key words printed on white card in small text were added, then a liberal coating of Anita's gloss finish, over which I sprinkled some silver glitter just on the edge. After leaving to dry overnight I added a few gems and covered the back in patterned paper for a neat finish. Lastly, I cut a piece of plastic packaging into a simple folded easel that slips into the matchbox too......and there you have it, my first piece of matchbox art.

I love this project so much that I'm starting a series of these, the first of which has to be Summer themed so keep your peepers out for that one.

Now enjoy the hop and check out the rest of the team's mini offerings here:-

Mags

Julie

Emilie

Katie

Sarah

Amy


See you soon. x



26 comments:

  1. Beautiful matchbox and love all the bling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in doubt Bling It!, thanks Katie. x

      Delete
  2. It's so delicate and beautiful, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail. Great matchbox xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Michelle, I must admit I want to do another project with a matchbox now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags, I have plans already for a series of these mini plaques. It's nice to do something small sometimes. x

      Delete
  5. Awww Michelle it's so beautiful! Truly a little mini work of art :) I love seeing how everyone has created something so unique from just one idea – the projects are all so diverse! Look forward to seeing your future match box makes :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah and yes everyone's matchbox has been so different, but all lovely. x

      Delete
  6. This is totally up my street, love the dimension and opulence, makes me want to craft right now! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment, thanks Jill.x

      Delete
  7. Lovely projects, little masterpieces..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project , i love the colours and gorgeous detail

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is an amazing project. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jackie and for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous little project....love it!....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete