Thursday, 25 June 2015

Inspiration Interrogation no. 3

The light bright in my face, everything is shadow and I can feel the weight of the first question hanging in the air. I take a deep breath.....OK, that's just a little dramatic licence, it's actually very pleasant here on my sofa while hubby is in the kitchen cooking up one of his specialities for dinner - it's sweet and sour chicken tonight...yum.

So, after that dramatic yet tasty introduction here we are with the third Inspiration Interrogation post. I thought I'd give you all some mulling time on the previous questions and maybe make you a little hungry for more - and here's the more!

1. When did you last sing out loud and do you remember the song?

Ray and I have been known to sing along in the car and I'm apt to break into song while getting ready if I'm taking my time.  The last time I warbled (badly....I have a truly awful singing voice) was the weekend and Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader was the tune to get the full (horrific) treatment, followed by some Van Morrison and of course Elvis. I'm nothing if not versatile.


2. What was your favourite book as a child?

This has to be White Fang by Jack London. I was and still am a big reader and when I was a kid if it had an animal in it I read it, but White Fang was my favourite closely followed by Call of the Wild again by Jack London. 

3. Roller skates, stilts, bike or skateboard what did you have? Or maybe still have?

I had roller skates, which I was absolutely rubbish on and stilts which I thought were absolutely brilliant. Maybe it's my diminutive stature, but I'd spend hours walking about on them - the world looks different from way up there past the five foot mark. 

4. Name of your first pet and what was it?

Although not strictly mine, Manche Half-Penny a seal point Siamese cat was the first pet in the house, an anniversary present from my Dad to my Mum when I was a youngster. She was a lovely cat and as befitting her name a petite feline, but with a HUGE personality. She used to drape herself like a stole around my shoulders, making sure she was fully covered by my long hair. Heaven help you if you ignored her because if you've ever heard a Siamese cat cry you would know it sounds like a wailing baby, not easily ignored. 


5. Which film have you watched more times than any other?

Now for anyone who knows me these are probably not the most obvious, but I think it's a tie between The Day After Tomorrow starring Denis Quaid and Midnight Sting with James Woods. Both of these movies are not exactly taxing on the brain, but just great fun to watch in very different ways. If you get the chance give them a go. 


Now, hopefully this has fired you up to share, so why not join in with a link to your own answers post and the chance to win a crafty prize. Closing date 9th July 2015.





Happy Scrapping.


6 comments:

  1. Done :)
    Have to say that I do like those films too - LOVE Dennis Quaide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I landed here too early for the blog hop, interesting reading though... The movie I've watched more than any other is Wizard of Oz closely followed by Last of the Mohicans, I'm inspired by breathtaking effects and scenery. My guilty pleasures; Moulin Rouge, Chicago & Phantom of the Opera. Our family choices; Star Wars, Harry Potter, Avatar and all things sci fi and/or magical. Don't know if I should have disclosed all that to a movie buff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good movies in my book Jaiq, seems you have a taste for the epic.

      Delete
  3. Nice to get to know more about you Michelle! I'd love to join in at some point when I have a bit more time! ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find the time Sarah. Thanks for visiting.x

      Delete