Monday, 4 May 2015

Project 365 update

I really want to get back into getting to grips with my Nikon D5000, so I booked Friday off  last week and we decided to visit one of the many local parks in our area. This park has a small collection of animals, but the stars of the show are the three meerkats. Now you would think that it made for an easy photo choice, but a particularly vocal cockerel actually proved the focus - just about - of my favourite photo of the week. The master of the harem was penned with his paramours so it was a tricky manual focus shot, as he gave no warning of when or where he would throw back his head in full voice.


I love how this photo turned out, the slight softness from the constant movement I think adds to rather than detracts from the image and the vibrant colour really makes it pop.

But I couldn't leave it at that, not when a particularly toothy meerkat was about, so here's a little extra just for this week. 


Happy Scrapping. 

15 comments:

  1. It looks like an old man meerkat :-)
    Great shot of the rooster, you did really well to get it! I have never had much luck with manual focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie, the rooster was tricky not helped by the wire pen they were in, but I do love it.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous photography, 2 great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are fabulous shots, great one of the rooster

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photos - love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alizabethy, I'm definitely going back for some more practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic photos, love the toothy meerkat. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Laine and for the comment.

      Delete
  7. Brilliant photographs. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photos...great last one of the meerkat....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous photos. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete