Thursday, 2 April 2015

Scraps, Inks and Birthday Jinks

The lovely bunch over on the Docrafts Scrapbooking forum have set some monthly challenges and I've joined in with the March one. The theme was Birthday Treats and a sketch was provided or you could use your own.

So, for this challenge I scrapped Ray's 46th birthday using my scraps from the Papermania Heritage Press paper pack. I used my sketch no.52 for inspiration and with that it came together fairly quickly....well quickly for me!




Firstly, I misted the background card stock with gold spritzing ink and then flicked a little dark brown paint. Once all the paper layers were down I blended ink around the edge of the whole layout to give it a little more depth. The title is made up of grungeboard numbers and mounted on a grungeboard bookplate with a mini letter sticker glossed plaque - the camera glare has made it unreadable, but it says 'Birthday'. I added a little bargain pin to the birthday plaque and a couple of pearl brads to secure the book plate.

I realised recently I use a lot of strong coloured backgrounds. I love the look of the white, black or kraft backgrounds, but I find it quite tough to use them on my layouts. I will keep trying though as sometimes it just takes a while for it to click for me and it's good to step outside my comfort zone - I like the challenge, it's the same reason I love the Design Team work - I use the term "work" in it's loosest form.

Anyway, hope you find time to pop over to the Scrapbooking forum at Docrafts and maybe join in a few challenges.


Happy Scrapping.












2 comments:

  1. Great page and a fab way to use up scraps. Love those photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page! Excellent job using your scraps. I love strong color backgrounds as well.

    ReplyDelete