Sunday, 29 March 2015

Sketchy Sunday no. 53

Well, it's a years worth of sketches completed and to be honest I did contemplate stopping there, but then Sunday morning arrived and it didn't seem right to just sit watching Sunday Brunch without mapping out my sketch. So, here we have it sketch no. 53.


I'm determined to use more of these sketches, as I always find my layout comes together so much quicker when I do. The big time sucker for me is deciding which photos to scrap, that's what I really need to work out a process for...it can take days! I don't do chronological, it's all about what takes my fancy and maybe that's what slows me down, but I enjoy having no rules.....I'm a little rebel really. 

Now for a little crafty catch-up. I have developed a bit of a box obsession and have been making them in a myriad of sizes and forms. This little number is one of several drawer style boxes I have made recently, topped with a little easel card. I am so not a card maker, but I find I can make mini cards and it made sense to combine them with my boxes. I wanted to make something a little more masculine - and what's more manly than a survival kit? It's surprising just how much you can fit in a mini drawer, everything in the photo fit in....snugly, but it did fit. Add a needle and thread to complete the kit.



If you'd like to make your own version then here's a link to the instructions Survival gift box.
It's a neat little gift that can be themed to any hobby, a little sewing kit, knitting accessories, golf tees, you get the idea. 

So, that's it for today. Enjoy your Sunday and hopefully get a little crafting done or at the very least planned.

Happy Scrapping.







4 comments:

  1. Great sketch and love that little box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch, definitely going into my collection! Good idea for a box too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little box idea. i am sooo not a scrapbooker but at some point I will get stuck in and I think the sketches are a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vertical flow of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete