Thursday, 12 February 2015

Wooden you know it......

A week off work meant a bit of bargain hunting was on the cards and where better to visit than one of my favourite haunts, The Works.

There's always something worth picking up and this time there was more than one, but being me I got a little overexcited and managed to use one of my bargains before taking the all important snap....oops! So a brief description will have to suffice for that one.... for the princely sum of £1 they have a pack of six Papermania kraft small bags, they'd be great for a small mini book.

The next bargain, which I've managed to restrain myself from using long enough to take a pic, is here.



These wooden words are lovely and just one of several wooden embellishment packs they have at the moment, all priced at £1.

Now straying a bit off topic, but I have to share - this week I managed to get my hands on what is one of my favourite die sets of all time, the Xcut Locks and Keys set (XCU 503236  £12.95).


I can see me using these dies a huge amount, with all the different designs and separate key holes, they'll lend themselves to loads of projects from the grungy steampunk to glittery romantic.


I've already used them on a DT project which I"ll post here once it goes public.

Happy Scrapping....and shopping.




6 comments:

  1. Another good find Michelle. A very useful die cutters & can't wait to see your DT project to see how you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I got those little wooden words too. Haven't used them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were well worth picking up. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Oh I got some of the papers which I loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia, I haven't tried the paper pads, but they did have some lovely patterned ones when I was in there last.

      Delete