Sunday, 1 February 2015

Sketchy Sunday no.45

The weather has been atrocious so what better time to hole up indoors surrounded by your scrappy supplies and create.

This week's sketch is another multi-photo design, I love the flow of the flowers across the page and these could easily be substituted with different shapes.




I recently posted a crafty find showing one of my favourite items for altering - old style game or pencil boxes with the slide lids. So, I thought it time to show one of these finished projects.



This little beach memory box started life as a Dominoes box and now holds a tag mini book, a little glass bottle for shells, a pen and a bright bulldog clip to hold those holiday receipts. I used the Docrafts Beach Days 1 & 2 download sets of papers which I had printed at Costco in size 9" x 6" with a matt finish. I find that this gives a really nice finish with a bit more resilience and, at 22p a copy, much cheaper than printing at home. If you'd like to see the instructions on how to create your own version of this project then check out my gallery at Docrafts.com.

I'm currently working on a Pick-up-Sticks altered box, so watch out for that one in the future.

Happy Scrapping.




3 comments:

  1. Love the box! - didnt even notice it in the previous post! looking forward to seeing what you do with the pick up sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, they do make really quick cute projects.x

      Delete
  2. That is a very cute pencil box. Love the sketch, the flowing flower elements got me!

    ReplyDelete