Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Sew lovely...

I love an altered box and one of my favourite types to use are these cheap little Pick-up-Sticks boxes.

I covered this one in Papermania Little Meow papers, topped the lid with buttons - I use Anita's 3d gloss to adhere these, it's super strong - and added a cheapie pair of scissors from a sewing kit, they're completely unusable for anything, but I made them safe by gluing the blades together just in case. A little Capsule Collection crochet border around the base and the odd gem - I just can't stay away from the bling. I inked the top edge of the box to give a little more colour and there you have it.





The lid slides off to reveal an emergency sewing kit (minus the scissors glued to the top of the box) with a seam ripper to cut threads. I used an inked die-cut leaf left over from a previous project to hold a couple of needles and bead decorated dressmakers pins, I also added a pin to the tag on the box lid. 

Decorating pins with small pearl and crystal beads really makes a pretty gift for any needlewomen in the family or just as a little added extra for mini kits like this one. Add a little 3d gloss to the top of the pin body and slide on your bead. another little dab at the bottom of the bead and you're set to go. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've been inspired to have a go at something a little different.

Happy Scrapping


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia , I am pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. Very very cute. I have a box waiting to be altered so I will be thinking of this project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, do post a link when you've finished as I'd love to see it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. this is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete