Friday, 16 January 2015

T'was the night before.....

Finally, a completed layout, it seems to have taken me ages to get around to finishing this one. I am a bit of a slow scrapper, but then to be fair Christmas has a way of swallowing up time what with the shopping, visiting, eating, playing with new toys and eating – yes, I did mention eating twice, because I did that double - not that I’m complaining as any regular visitor knows I am a Christmas super fan.

Anyway, this layout, based on my sketch no.35, documents one of my favourite traditions - the eggnog a’ la Ray on Christmas Eve, hence the title ‘T’was The Nog Before Christmas’, he came up with that one himself, he’s a literary genius as well as a nog making one.




I kept the page nice and simple, as I love the main photo which for me really captured that warm, lit by the tree, cosy glow that says Christmas. The journaling has been printed on the snowflake design paper from the Papermania Craft Christmas 12 x 12 paper pack, which is the pack all the papers for this layout are frominked the journal block edges and parenthesis die-cut to give an old tradition feel to it, which worked well I think…but then who doesn’t love an inked edge.

I hope you’ve all had a fantastic start to the year and are surging forward in a healthy and positive state of being….long may it continue.

Happy Scrapping.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Michelle I love the Papermania Craft Chritmas papers. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, yes these papers are a fav of mine.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Great layout design - love how you placed the photos and button embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Margie.

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely page, you really set the mood with the papers you've chosen for your photos.

    ReplyDelete