Thursday, 11 December 2014

Dream Factory

As a bit of a change from my recent Christmas obsessed posts I thought I'd post something a little different. This is a less recent project but one I'm still pleased with....unlike some of my earlier makes which I now view with a less than favourable eye, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Masculine designs aren't always easy to come by for crafty projects, so when I discovered the Tim Holtz gears die I had an a-ha! moment. It gave this album a definite masculine feel, perfect as a home for photos from Ray's various shoots - hence the title Dream Factory.

The book is an envelope based album so it has large tags in the pockets, plenty of minis and smaller tags inside for yet more pics or journaling.

I used the.Papermania Chronology Paper line ....a real favourite......as well as die-cuts using the gears die and some grungeboard embellishments.



 Two extra pocket minis add more space.


 A group of tags and minis are tucked behind a tag mounted on foam pads at two edges.


 Folder style minis add yet more photo space.


 The star metal tag is secured to a tag to make it easier to slide from the pocket. The acetate clock face on the opposite page provides the perfect place to tuck a tag photo mat.



I used the Chronology Gears embossing folder on some of the tags, on others I lightly applied peel-off stickers, inked and misted over the top and then removed the sticker....that's how I created the pattern on the clocks tag in the photo above.

So that's the proof, I don't always make a girly album....I admit most of the time I do...but not always and those gears dies and folders will definitely make a repeat appearance.

Happy Scrapping.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful project ! Love this vintage look !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, the Chronology paper line is great for this kind of look. Love the tags on your blog.

      Delete
  2. Great masculine project - WOW! Love the gears but the tags are cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie, thanks for the lovely comment and for the star border project on your blog, it's really inspiring.

      Delete