Sunday, 26 October 2014

Sketchy Sunday no. 31

Hi, thanks for visiting to read this weeks Sketchy Sunday post.

After a recent flurry of multi-photo sketches, I thought it time to get back to a single photo version. I designed this one with a Christmas layout in mind - suitable for a festive photo which has a bit of story, maybe one of our many traditions, so I wanted a fair sized space for journaling while keeping the photo centre stage and I think this fits the bill. This one is a sketch I can see me using again and again - a change to the embellishments and it's fitting for any subject matter.

So, without further ado, here we have Sketch no.31.


Now, if this sketch has got you in the festive mood checkout my latest mini album. For the first time I'm aiming to do a December Daily project this year. I created this album to house the photos and memories for that project. Each page will represent three days, one on the front, one on the back and one on the pocket tag. The big day has it's own large pocket page. 


I used the Papermania's Letter to Santa paper line and parts of a co-ordinating decoupage kit.


I cut flourishes using an Xcut Flourish Die set and Papermania Glitter Paper.


 This is the large pocket page for the 25th, extra space will definitely be needed for this one.




You may have guessed the base of this book was made using envelopes and some mount board for covers, all bound together with my trusty Bind-it-All, but you could just as easily use book rings - I would use at least three on each side for stability.

Are you aiming to do a December Daily for the first time? Or if you've done one previously, I'd be interested to know if you found it easy to take a photo a day, at such a hectic time of year or if you changed it to fit your lifestyle.

Happy Scrapping.

Michelle x

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mini book.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I have to admit this is one of my favs. X

      Delete
  2. Love the book! Love how it opens and beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mini book. Love all the tabs and pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your album is GORGEOUS! I have plans to create a December Daily but I can't take on anything as elaborate as yours. Thanks for sharing your "masterpiece".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fawn, what a lovely comment. This project really wasn't as complex as it seems and you can read my tutorial on Docrafts.com. Thanks for visiting. X

      Delete
  5. This is fab! Love December Daily - really would like to do that this year! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete