Thursday, 2 October 2014

For a true gentleman...

I don't know about you, but I've only recently given some of my makes as little extra gifts.I haven't always been sure how they would be received and I think most of us could be a little more confident in our creations, but I've been surprised and relieved that they have been enjoyed and appreciated by those few I have gifted them to.

My Dad turned 70 recently and as well as the usual gifts and meal out, I created this little boxed mini album specially for him.








I used some chipboard scraps for the book covers and the Papermania Heritage Press paper line and Decoupage Pack for the book and decoration. The box was one of a set of two from The Range, I just split the corners on one side to create a hinge so the box lid and base could be joined permanently after I'd decorated the two pieces.

Once completed I created titles for each page that summed up the photos added to the tags representing all my dear dad's facets: Gentleman, Sportsman, Strongman, Father, Husband and so many more. Now I've got to make plans for mum's one next year.

Happy Scrapping.

Michelle x










5 comments:

  1. this is really lovely, very classy and the colours are perfect.

    What a super and thoughtful gift, bet dad was chuffed with it too

    Angela (pollypurplehorse)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, yes he did seem quite touched and spent some time looking through each tag. x

      Delete
  2. It's a wonderful gift you have made !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the papers you have used.

    ReplyDelete