Saturday, 27 September 2014

Altered me!

I was looking through my gallery recently and it struck me that my crafting has changed direction slightly in the past year. I think being on the design team has played a major part in that, I've definitely been making a lot more off the page projects and altered items and initially that was a considered decision to try and keep things fresh and different as I was concerned my makes would become boring. Now I'm so glad I started these kinds of projects. I really enjoy re-purposing or updating little bits and bobs. If you haven't tried it give it a go, it doesn't have to be big, in fact I don't really do big stuff at all and to prove it here's a couple of my more recent makes.



The beach area is made using the nail art beads shown on a previous post under the crafty finds sections. They were perfect for this project.


This started life as a dominoes box that I picked up at The Works for 50p and inspired by Ray's comment of how he had to make a memory book at school for the summer holidays, I created this small holiday memory box with just enough room for a tag mini, a small bottle of shells and a journaling pen. Now I've just got to work out what to do with the dominoes. 


The recipe book project is an altered index card holder from Wilkos, I think this one was £1 and the giant peg is a Papermania Bare Basics product that I decorated to match.I glued a sucker on the back of the peg so it can go on the fridge or tiles, out of my messy cook ways.

I still love making layouts and mini albums but the altered stuff is definitely here to stay.

Happy Scrapping. x


1 comment:

  1. That altered box is adorable. What a great project.

    ReplyDelete