Saturday, 23 August 2014

Scrappy Apps Revisited..

It’s been a little while since I did my Scrappy Apps post and there have been changes, mainly that I got an iPad for my birthday (super exuberant happy dance). The bigger screen on the iPad has meant I can do a lot more scrappy related bits and bobs on the go, so I thought it time to share my new discoveries, hopefully without rubbing it in too much. I’m sure many of you are old hands with these so forgive me if it seems old news, but for those of you like myself who are still newcomers to the tablet and all it’s glory, here we go.

iPhoto – oh wow, ok it may be obvious to many of you but I had no idea how brilliant iPhoto was. This fab little app has cut down on the amount of time I spend tweaking my photos. A couple of clicks and hey-presto perfect…well as perfect as my photos are gonna get.

Blogger – now maybe I’m biased but I was amazed at how easy it was to set up my blog and with this app I can do loads on the go as well. If you want to set up a blog, but just don’t think you have the techie brain for it, go the blogger route. It really is a breeze, but still creates a professional looking blog. Changes are easy and posting is so simple you really will think ‘what on earth was I worried about’…go for it.

iPublisher Star HD – if you’re a regular visitor to my blog, (there are a few of you I think - well, hope!) you’ll know about this one. As part of my Sketchy Sunday series I create a sketch every week and recently I’ve been using this little superstar to do a lot of the work. What I need to do to make it perfect is create an image library that I can import from, but for now it’s working for me.

Tim Holtz – ok, the man, the deity that is Tim Holtz has an app, if you haven’t got it……then are you crazy…..get it right now. It’s even free!

Units – this may not make sense straight away but believe you me this app has proved invaluable at times. It’s a measurement conversion app, just pop in your measurement hit done and there you have it. Invariably when I’m making something off the page I use my scoreboard which is in inches, but then I forget and trim something in centimetres – doh – this makes sorting the maths out a doddle without having to search for my glasses to look at the trimmer.

Pic Stitch – the last of my recommended apps is a photo app for combining multiple images into one framed picture. It’s really simple and ideal for us scrapbookers. Export in a variety of sizes, perfect for this kind of layout and best of all it’s FREE.

I hope some of these prove as useful to you as they have to me and as always if you have any apps that you’d like to recommend  do please leave a comment with the details.

Happy Scrapping.








No comments:

Post a Comment