Monday, 4 August 2014

Pretty in Pink

Ok, so it's taken me a lot longer than anticipated, but I finally finished my layout based on sketch no.12. As is usual for me, I left the layout propped up in my living room so I could see where it needed more work and eventually it seemed finished.

I used papers from two Papermania Capsule Collections, Wild Rose and Eau De Nil, the pink and blue really compliment each other. Normally I ink all the layers on a page, but for this one I decided not to as I wanted the layers to remain soft and create a dreamy feel to the finished layout. I did blend brown ink around the edge of the layout, just for extra interest and to take the edge of that sugar sweet colour scheme.

The embellishments are from the Wild Rose Capsule Collection and the freebie gift from last months Creativity Magazine, a delicious collection of buttons and gems.The flourishes I created using self adhesive gems and a negative section of a die cut flourish as a pattern.

So here it is, my take on Sketch no.12 with the gorgeous Larissa as my muse.







Happy Scrapping.









4 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is so beautiful! Love the banners with journaling! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty lo & colour too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely. I really like how you have used those fishtail flags.

    ReplyDelete