Friday, 15 August 2014

I See You....

I mentioned some time ago that I was working on some projects for the Design Team over at Docrafts and as part of that I was lucky enough to get to play with the A4 Express Die-cutting Machine, and play I did....big time.

This project was one I'd tried previously with my trusty Big Shot but it just didn't give me the space I needed to create the look I was after. That's the great thing about A4 dies, they just give that extra space and for a frame based design you really need it. Previously I was put off the A4 die-cutters out there just because of the large space necessary to store them and for me that really is a factor in deciding wether to get one or not...as well as how many pennies in the piggy bank...the Xpress solved the storage problem for me as it folds up and so storing it takes no more room than my Big Shot. A little tip, I found that popping the cutting boards underneath the machine while storing minimizes bowing on the boards, always an issue with any die-cutter.

Anyway,  this project although a little fiddly is really effective. The acetate layers and inked leaves on each layer really give the album depth. Use the same technique to build up a family group picture from a wedding, that would be an amazing version.....I just thought of that and now I'm thinking I'll have to give it a go. 


The photos are from trips to Tropical Wings and Paradise Wildlife Park, great places to visit if you haven't already. 


Each photo is mounted on an acetate page which I sandwiched between two die-cut frames. 




 The photos get gradually bigger so the last one is a standard 6 x 4.



If you'd like instructions on how to make this album pop onto the new and improved Docrafts.com, select Features from the menu bar and step-by-step from the options displayed.

Happy Scrapping.




6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the shape of this book and the clear page. Oh neat! Great work on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. Working with acetate is a little tricky but effective .

      Delete
  2. This is really nice! Love the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ange, glad you liked the project.

      Delete
  3. Great mini book and excellent photos.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, what lovely comments.

      Delete