Tuesday, 15 July 2014

When in doubt......use 3d foam

The Creativity Club Design Team were recently asked/challenged to create a World Cup layout that didn't relate to football!!! The brief was it had to be a layout based on a country in the World Cup and being as I have a number of photos from the States it seemed the obvious choice.

Now to the hiccup in this magnificent plan....I wanted to have a food based layout, I loved every meal on my trip to the States, but once I picked the photos and paper line I realised the photo didn't exactly cut the mustard. The composition was off and didn't quite capture the hugeness of the breakfast, but combined with another photo it would convey the whole eating extravaganza .....here's where the 3d foam pads come in.....so I mounted the first picture and then adhered it to the layout. I then carefully cut around the plate image on the second photo, layered and inked it before mounting on foam pads and adhering to the layout, overlapping the main image. A few cropped photos from my trip and business cards from the diner, also on foam pads, captured the mood I was after.


    Paper line - Papermania Midnight Blush Capsule Collection 


This was the first time I'd cut around an image rather than just crop it and it worked out really well...at least I think so. It's a technique I will try again and combining it with the foam pads creates an interesting depth to the layout which isn't fully conveyed by this image but you get the idea.

Happy Scrapping.

Michelle x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout & delicious looking photos.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant LO! There's a lot of food there! Love the ideas here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i'm feeling hungry & longing to revisit America , we love there food. great Lo's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, love how the colours pop

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, "eating extravaganza", I love it!! Great call on popping up the trimmed photo. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Michelle! All that food is making me hungry! lol
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete