Saturday, 12 July 2014

Fowls and Festivities

As if you hadn't guessed, my layout plan didn't exactly work out this week so I thought it would be a  good time to post a couple of my other layouts.

The first is a simple but story based layout, rather than just a fav photo. I used cheap chipboard oversized alphas from The Range and Adornit letter stickers for the title, love those little alphas. I lightly inked the chipboard and then adhered, overlapping the letters to fill the lower edge of the layout.



The bookplate was one of a job lot of twenty that I picked up on that well known auction site for a song. A little application of bling and glossy paper from a DCWV stack (don't ask me which one) make the page brighter than it seems but really it's all about the story.

The next layout is from my 365 album, I've posted a couple of layouts from this album before, one of which used the same photo-strip design element.



The title on this page is made up of inked and glittered grungeboard numbers and a variety of inked chipboard frames combined with more cute mini alphas topped with Anita's 3d gloss finish. I hand cut the banner pieces and adhered them with glue dots, just to give a little height and then curled up the ribbon edges slightly. For the tag I applied peel off stickers and inked over the top before peeling them off to reveal the uninked image.

I am seriously considering another 365 album for next year. I enjoyed this project so much more once I relaxed about the week per page idea and just completed the odd month layout or week depending on how much time I had and what I wanted to record. The album is one I find myself paging through quite frequently and as I didn't purchase any supplies specially it was not something that needed a massive outlay, always good.

I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for the latest Sketchy Sunday post but in the meantime.....Happy Scrapping.


No comments:

Post a Comment