Tuesday, 24 June 2014

To Die for!


Have you seen the Xcut Shadow Box die sets? I've been lucky enough to receive one in my design team kit and I had the perfect quick project for it.

I used all but two of the dies from the Woodland set to create a dimensional mount for a photo of Ray walking in our local park, laden with my tripod. I trimmed each die cut to size and layered them up with 3d foam pads to create depth in the mount. I then adhered the photo to the last die again using foam pads.  The design works well with the photo showing through the gaps in the woodland design. A really simple project that looks great in the chunky Ribba frame from IKEA, which has plenty of room for all the layers and complete with the white mount priced very reasonably from £1.75 and available in a variety of finishes, this one being white stained oak effect.



After using this versatile die set I can see how the £19.95 price tag is justified as the dies can be used individually and as a set, so it really works out great value for money. Now I'm lusting after the rest of the Shadow Box range....it's an addiction I tell ya!


Happy Scrapping 

Michelle x

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, it's a project I think I'll repeat as I have loads of photos of friends kids playing in the park which would make lovely gifts presented like this. x

      Delete
  2. I love this idea, and also have a photo of my DH this would work with. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, so glad you popped by and I'd love to see your version so post a link if you can. X

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant, Who makes the shadow box dies xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. They're made by Xcut and available from Docrafts online or The Range and Hobbycraft stores.

      Delete