Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Young(ish) Guns

At long last, I've completed a layout for sketch no.4.....taadah!




 I really couldn't wait to get cracking on this one as the sketch really appealed, I even had my photo sorted as I'd decided to use just one, unlike the sketch, so why on earth did it take soooo long? Well, you may have guessed I'm not the speediest of scrappers. I actually got the basics of the layout down quickly but once that stage is done I like to live with it a while before adding the final touches. So, the layout gets propped up somewhere prominent , usually in the living room, so I can glance at it regularly. Then I add various embellishments, decide on journalling and generally finish it off.

As you may have noticed I don't stick rigidly to sketches but I treat them more as a jumping off point and then just go on my own merry way. Sometimes the resulting layout is very similar to the sketch but other times it takes a little bit of a closer look to see the bones of it's origin, so for those of you who say 'but mine doesn't look anything like the sketch' don't worry the whole point is you created a layout not the how.

Now if you're interested in the products I used they are all from Docrafts and the paper pack was the Midnight Blush collection. I love using the new mini pegs as banner/title holders, so cute.

Happy Scrapping

Michelle x

3 comments: