The lovely Katie Lamb (http://whatkatiedid2.blogspot.co.uk/), a fellow Creativity Club Design Team member, has nominated me for a Liebster Award. It means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome in German. This blog award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers (I more than qualify) and helps to raise the blog's profile among the blogging community, all good in my book.
There are a few expectations on receiving this award:-
1. List eleven random facts about myself - mmmm I'm trying to attract an audience not alienate it.
2. Answer eleven questions set by my nominator - I knew there was a catch.
3. Set eleven questions for my nominated bloggers (max eleven) - eek!
4. Warn the nominated bloggers of the impending interrogation - this could be interesting
Firstly I'd like to nominate these talented bloggers.
Jennifer - http://jennifergracecreates.com/
Ann - http://coventryann.blogspot.co.uk/
Svjetlana - http://mymomentstotreasure.blogspot.co.uk/
Diane - http://charmingly-creative.blogspot.co.uk
Sarah - http://sarahmoore-thescrapjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/
My questions to you my nominees, should you choose to accept the award, are as follows...
1. When was the last time you cried with laughter?
2. What's your favourite takeaway?
3. When did you last sprint?
4. What's the one thing you'd save if the house was on fire (excluding people and pets, they're safe)?
5. High heels or flats?
6. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?
7. What's your favourite luxury treat?
8. If you could have a super power what would it be?
9. If you won the lottery, not £10 but a BIG win, what's the first thing you'd do?
10. What animal best reflects your personality?
11.What's the last meal you cooked from scratch?
A diverse mix I think, I do hope you'll respond but no pressure if it's not for you.
Now for my answers to Katie's questions....prepare yourselves.
1. What are you watching at the moment?
I'm plowing joyfully through my House box sets, Hannibal, The Tomorrow People, The Mentalist, Elementary and Blacklist. This makes it sound like I'm always watching telly but I do sleep as well.
2. What is your favourite movie?
This one's really difficult for me as I love so many but if I go by one I've re-watched the most number of times recently, it would be World War Z.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island what would you bring?
Obviously Hubby but if you mean a thing I'd go for the SAS survival guide book for practicality but I'd really want to bring a portable DVD player and all my box sets, if only there were a socket for the plug.
4. What is your favourite colour?
A nice light blue.
5. Name a song that is stuck in your head?
Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader
6. What is your dream job?
Animal Psychologist, for which I have zero qualifications.
7. Name your greatest achievement so far?
Finding true love, soppy but true.
8. Name a crafting item you can't live without?
My trimmer (and every other piece of stash I can lay my hands on).
9. Name a favourite place?
Santa Monica LA, I got married there on the beach at sunset, altogether now aaaaahhh.
10. What inspired the name of your blog?
My love of reading anthologies.
11. What is your favourite musician?
Looking at my answers it seems I'm obsessed with Hubby (true) and American TV shows (also true) but nothing too worrying. Now for my random facts about me, this could be a little more disturbing.
1. I have a soft spot for anything heart shaped and Hubby buys me a silver heart for my heart covered charm bracelet for the start of every year together, it's my favourite piece of jewellery.
2. I worked on the movie Dark Corners as video assist operator, I'm on the credits honest.
3. I once tried to get out of a moving car when a spider dropped down from the sun visor onto me. I am terrified of spiders, especially the quick ones.
4. I have size 2 feet which makes buying shoes an absolute nightmare as I love high heels.
5. I've watched the sun come up in the Sahara Desert (on a film shoot) and heard the scorpions clicking their claws in the dark.
6. I can sprint but I'm completely rubbish at distance running. Note:- this does not mean I am quick.
7. I cry at sad movies, happy movies, even adverts and the dentist....it's pathetic.
8. I run a film production company with my husband.
9. When I have fish fingers for dinner I have ten and I don't share food, think Joey in Friends.
10. Whenever I cook for guests it is an unmitigated disaster but Hubby says I cook the best spaghetti bolognese he's ever tasted.
11. I do more dips and chin-ups than most men at my gym.
....and exhale, so that's a little more about me. Thanks for taking the time to visit and I hope you'll pop by again soon, if I haven't bored you too much. While you're here take a look around, it's a fairly new blog but I'm updating regularly and feedback is always welcome.