Thursday, 22 May 2014

The Liebster Award





The lovely Katie Lamb (http://whatkatiedid2.blogspot.co.uk/), a fellow Creativity Club Design Team member, has nominated me for a Liebster Award. It means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome in German. This blog award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers (I more than qualify) and helps to raise the blog's profile among the blogging community, all good in my book.

There are a few expectations on receiving this award:-

1. List eleven random facts about myself - mmmm I'm trying to attract an audience not alienate it.
2. Answer eleven questions set by my nominator - I knew there was a catch.
3. Set eleven questions for my nominated bloggers (max eleven) - eek!
4. Warn the nominated bloggers of the impending interrogation - this could be interesting

So here we go, let's forge forwards and hopefully garner some interest with my oh so eclectic questions and answers.

Firstly I'd like to nominate these talented bloggers.

Jennifer - http://jennifergracecreates.com/

Ann - http://coventryann.blogspot.co.uk/

Svjetlana - http://mymomentstotreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

Diane - http://charmingly-creative.blogspot.co.uk

Sarah -  http://sarahmoore-thescrapjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/

My questions to you my nominees, should you choose to accept the award, are as follows...

1. When was the last time you cried with laughter?
2. What's your favourite takeaway?
3. When did you last sprint?
4. What's the one thing you'd save if the house was on fire (excluding people and pets, they're safe)?
5. High heels or flats?
6. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?
7. What's your favourite luxury treat?
8. If you could have a super power what would it be?
9. If you won the lottery, not £10 but a BIG win, what's the first thing you'd do?
10. What animal best reflects your personality?
11.What's the last meal you cooked from scratch?


A diverse mix I think, I do hope you'll respond but no pressure if it's not for you.

Now for my answers to Katie's questions....prepare yourselves.

1. What are you watching at the moment?
I'm plowing joyfully through my House box sets, Hannibal, The Tomorrow People, The Mentalist, Elementary and Blacklist. This makes it sound like I'm always watching telly but I do sleep as well.

2. What is your favourite movie?
This one's really difficult for me as I love so many but if I go by one I've re-watched the most number of times recently, it would be World War Z.

3. If you were stranded on a desert island what would you bring?
Obviously Hubby but if you mean a thing I'd go for the SAS survival guide book for practicality but I'd really want to bring a portable DVD player and all my box sets, if only there were a socket for the plug.

4. What is your favourite colour?
A nice light blue.

5. Name a song that is stuck in your head?
Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader

6. What is your dream job?
Animal Psychologist, for which I have zero qualifications.

7. Name your greatest achievement so far?
Finding true love, soppy but true.

8. Name a crafting item you can't live without?
My trimmer (and every other piece of stash I can lay my hands on).

9. Name a favourite place?
Santa Monica LA, I got married there on the beach at sunset, altogether now aaaaahhh.

10. What inspired the name of your blog?
My love of reading anthologies.

11. What is your favourite musician?
Van Morrison


Looking at my answers it seems I'm obsessed with Hubby (true) and American TV shows (also true) but nothing too worrying. Now for my random facts about me, this could be a little more disturbing.

1.  I have a soft spot for anything heart shaped and Hubby buys me a silver heart for my heart covered charm bracelet for the start of every year together, it's my favourite piece of jewellery.

2. I worked on the movie Dark Corners as video assist operator, I'm on the credits honest.

3. I once tried to get out of a moving car when a spider dropped down from the sun visor onto me. I am terrified of spiders, especially the quick ones.

4. I have size 2 feet which makes buying shoes an absolute nightmare as I love high heels.

5. I've watched the sun come up in the Sahara Desert (on a film shoot) and heard the scorpions clicking their claws in the dark.

6. I can sprint but I'm completely rubbish at distance running. Note:- this does not mean I am quick.

7. I cry at sad movies, happy movies, even adverts and the dentist....it's pathetic.

8. I run a film production company with my husband.

9. When I have fish fingers for dinner I have ten and I don't share food, think Joey in Friends.

10. Whenever I cook for guests it is an unmitigated disaster but Hubby says I cook the best spaghetti  bolognese he's ever tasted.

11. I do more dips and chin-ups than most men at my gym.



....and exhale, so that's a little more about me. Thanks for taking the time to visit and I hope you'll pop by again soon, if I haven't bored you too much. While you're here take a look around, it's a fairly new blog but I'm updating regularly and feedback is always welcome.

Happy Scrapping

Michelle x



14 comments:

  1. Yay ! well done for the award ! I enjoyed reading this , especially the random facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun reading about you! And coincidentally, I've been hearing a song on the radio recently that reminds me so much of something by Van Morrison. Sorry, but I can only remember the artist's first name! Sam something. lol (I can't imagine size 2 shoes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I think the shoes look silly and I can't wear flared trousers as you can't see my feet!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting and the lovely comments, hope you'll come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun reading your comments Michelle, thanks for adding me to your Liebster Award.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thanks for visiting and of course I would recommend your blog every day of the week. x

      Delete
  5. it was fun to learning more about you.

    I cant sprint as I don't think I have a muscle group on that part of the body. I have started to do weights as I caught sight of myself in my summer wear and realised I had huge flabby arms. so I was glad to hear that training is hard and that I don't have the body of an 80 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, this really did make me laugh and stick with the training it's hard but very good for us girlies. x

      Delete
  6. LOL the Liebster seems to have morphed a little over the years ... it used to be that you just nominated 5 blogs ... but I rather like the added questions and facts; it's good to know what makes people tick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a new concept to me but quite fun to do.

      Delete
  7. Well now I've found you I will stalk you! lol Great answers.. and good questions too.. I'm off for a blog hop now. Congrats on finding your true love! It rocks doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice to learn some random stuff about you....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle, thank you so much for the nomination. I haven't been much around the blogland recently, I will hopefully manage to pass this further soon ;).

    ReplyDelete